New Homes for Sale in Columbus, GA
You will find that new homes in Columbus
are set against lush rolling hills that flow into flat plains along the banks of the Chattahoochee River. There is a variety of new construction homes in Columbus available in The Villages on St. Mary's
as well as other neighborhoods dispersed throughout the city.
About Columbus, GA
- Located 100 miles southwest of Atlanta, Columbus is the second largest city in Georgia.
- In addition to Ft. Benning, the city is home to eclectic eateries as well as cultural and leisure activities.
- Interstate 185 and the Columbus Airport are the transportation hubs for the Greater Columbus Metropolitan area, which includes Auburn and Opelika, Alabama.
Attractions in Columbus, GA
- The Columbus Museum exhibits works of art and artifacts related to the region's history.
- The Coca-Cola Space and Science Center boasts a planetarium, seven flight simulators and a knowledgeable staff that introduces the public to astronomy, physics, and other fields of science.
- Exhibiting authentic vessels, uniforms and memorabilia, the Civil War Naval Museum is a 40,000-square-foot facility dedicated to preserving the history of the Confederate and Union Navies.
- Containing an IMAX Theater, the National Infantry Museum commemorates the sacrifice and service of U.S. Army soldiers.
Columbus, GA Amenities
- Residents of new homes in Columbus can enjoy almost 50 public parks, the Chattahoochee RiverWalk and seven challenging golf courses.
- In addition to The Shoppes at Bradley Park, a lifestyle center, Columbus has several shopping centers, specialty stores and the large Peachtree Mall.
- Served by the Muscogee County public school system, Columbus is home to Columbus State, a campus of Troy University, and is a short drive from Auburn University.
- Columbus is the headquarters of Aflac Insurance and their iconic duck.
- The Battle of Columbus was the last military engagement of the Civil War.