Homes for Sale in Dallas, GA
Located in the heart of fast-growing Paulding County, Dallas, GA is 43 miles from Atlanta and considered part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. It's an exciting place where families can thrive and grow in a vibrant, friendly community. One of the first things you'll notice while looking for new homes in Dallas, GA is that even though the city offers convenient access to Atlanta's busy culture and lifestyle, it retains the simple charm and traditional southern hospitality of the past. Nearby cities include Marietta
Attractions in Dallas, GA
- Health-minded families living in new homes in Dallas, GA can enjoy the Silver Comet Trail, a free, quiet, paved trail for nature-loving walkers, hikers and bicyclists.
- In the historic downtown area, residents and visitors can shop, dine and enjoy live entertainment at the Dallas Theater.
- History buffs will love Pickett's Mill State Historic Site. One of the best-preserved Civil War battlefields in the country, it includes interpretive film, walking trails and a museum.
- Other area attractions include Red Top Mountain State Park, the Cobb County History Museum and the Marietta Museum of History.
Schools in Dallas, GA
- Students living in new construction homes in Dallas, GA have many highly rated education choices, such as Sammy McClure Senior Middle School, Burnt Hickory Elementary School and Floyd L. Shelton Elementary School at Crossroad.
- Dallas, GA and the surrounding Atlanta metropolitan area features more than 50 colleges and universities, including Georgia Highlands College, Chattahoochee Technical College, Kennesaw State University, Life University and the esteemed Emory and Georgia State Universities in Atlanta.
Fun Facts About Dallas, GA
- The city of Dallas, GA was named after George M. Dallas, the 11th Vice President of the Unites States, who served under President James K. Polk.
- Dallas has been home to several celebrities, including professional wrestler Ray Traylor and country music stars Travis Tritt and Patty Loveless.