New Homes for Sale in Columbus, IN
New homes in Columbus, IN offer your whole family city life surrounded by beautiful forests and lakes. You really can have it all in Columbus. A city of about 45,000 residents, Columbus is located along I-65 between Indianapolis
and Louisville, KY.
Education in Columbus, IN
- Residents of new construction homes in Columbus, IN can choose from a variety of private schools, including several Christian institutions and a Montessori school.
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation serves public school students in grades K-12.
- Franklin College and Indiana University's main campus in Bloomington are the nearest four-year colleges to Columbus.
Transportation in Columbus, IN
- Columbus Municipal Airport and Indianapolis International Airport serve the city.
- Residents can get around Columbus easily and inexpensively with municipal bus service from ColumBus.
- Horse enthusiasts can watch horse racing at Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY, just south on I-65. Those who prefer auto racing head north to Indianapolis.
- State Road 46, also known as Arts Road 46 between Bloomington and Columbus, showcases museums, galleries and natural beauty.
- Residents of Columbus new homes enjoy outdoor activities at Brown County State Park, Lake Monroe, Hardy Lake or one of the many other parks and recreation areas all over southern Indiana.
- Sports fans can take in a professional basketball, football, hockey or baseball game in Indianapolis, and Indiana University in Bloomington offers Big Ten basketball, football, volleyball and much more.
- The Hoosier National Forest is just southwest of Columbus.
Helpful Links for New Residents