Homes for Sale in Florence, SC
Florence is the seat of Florence County government in South Carolina, an All-America City Award winner since 1965, and an important hub for industry, infrastructure, business and finances. The city has an urban vibrancy but offers friendly neighbors and good education, making new homes in Florence, SC ideal places for your family to settle down and build a quality life.
Florence, SC Neighborhoods
- Florence is the urban center of northeast South Carolina. It's about 80 miles from Columbia to the west and 80 miles from sunny Myrtle Beach to the east.
- Drivers from Florence often take I-20 to all points west. I-95, the main East Coast interstate corridor, also runs through the city going as far north as Maine and as far south as Florida.
- Many Florence residents live outside town in rural or subdivision neighborhoods.
Schools in Florence, SC
- The Florence Public School District One serves students at 12 elementary schools, three middle schools and three high schools. The city also offers alternative schooling options, vocational schooling and adult education.
- Post-secondary schooling options in Florence include Francis Marion University, Coker College, Coastal Carolina University and the Florence-Darlington Technical College.
Attractions in Florence, SC
- Downtown Florence has recently undergone a revitalization, and many local businesses offer great shopping and dining opportunities for residents.
- Florence is home to some of the largest malls in the state including Magnolia Mall and Florence Mall, which provide a wide variety of national chain outlets for both high-end and budget shopping.
City of Florence
Florence Chamber of Commerce