Homes for Sale in Jackson, TN
The decision to research new homes in Jackson, TN may prove to be your first step towards moving into the home of your dreams. The community’s family environment is perfect for those with young ones. It is also conveniently situated between Memphis and Nashville. Many looking for a home in the area also check out the listings in Humboldt
Attraction in Jackson, TN
- Several families living in new homes in Jackson, TN regularly head to Generals Park on summer evenings. The Jackson Generals, a minor-league baseball team, has played there since 1998.
Transportation in Jackson, TN
- Interstate 40 passes through Knoxville, Nashville, Jackson and Memphis.
- Those traveling from their new construction homes in Jackson, TN to the north or the south usually take U.S. Route 45.
- Seaport Airlines operates flights to Nashville and Memphis out of McKellar-Sipes Regional Airport.
Schools in Jackson, TN
- Children living in Jackson, TN new homes likely attend a school operated by the Jackson-Madison County School System. There are several private schools in the area as well.
- Many families with deaf children have moved into the area as the West Tennessee School for the Deaf is located in Jackson.
- Two institutions of higher education call the city home: Union University and Lane College.
Fun Facts about Jackson, TN
- The Tennessee Supreme Court for West Tennessee is located in Jackson because Memphis had not yet been developed when the Supreme Court first met in 1834.
- Ed “Too Tall” Jones, a player with the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys in the 1970s and 1980s, grew up in Jackson.
- The Miss Tennessee Pageant is held in Jackson.
Jackson-Madison County School System Jackson Energy Authority City of Jackson