Homes for Sale in Avondale, AZ
expands in size, residents seeking the cultural opportunities of the state capital may wish to look for new homes in Avondale, which is in the next Maricopa County town. It has grown rapidly in the past ten years thanks to its tech-friendly, forward-thinking leadership. Avondale combines affordable suburban housing with easy access to commercial centers, good jobs and quality schools. It is perfect for young families seeking to put down roots and build a life for their kids.
Avondale, AZ Neighborhoods
- About 20 miles due west of Phoenix, Avondale is fast becoming a population center in its own right. Nearby cities include Goodyear just to the north and Litchfield Park a few miles north of that.
- The main thoroughfare through Avondale is I-10 going east to Phoenix and all the way to Tucson. Drivers can take this interstate west as far as Los Angeles, CA.
Schools in Avondale, AZ
- The Avondale Elementary School District serves the area with several elementary schools, a middle school and some alternative programs for kids in need of different schooling services. Kids attend the Agua Fria High School District along with kids in Goodyear and Litchfield Park.
- Colleges and universities in Maricopa County include Arizona State University, Grand Canyon University and Phoenix College. For those seeking schools closer to home, the Estrella Mountain Community College is right in Avondale.
Attractions in Avondale, AZ
- The Estrella Mountain Regional Park provides access to some of the gorgeous desert and mountain natural landscapes for which Arizona is known. Residents can go for hikes and camping trips through the park.