Aurora was once seen as a suburb of Denver
, but it has since grown into a major city in its own right. It is a very diverse location with great schools and many work opportunities. Recent development ensures that there are plenty of affordable new homes in Aurora if you're looking to settle in sunny, beautiful Colorado.
Aurora, CO Neighborhoods
- Just 10 miles east of downtown Denver, Aurora merges seamlessly with the city before fanning out into several suburbs. It is located right next to Commerce City and Englewood.
- Aurora is situated along US-40, which connects with I-70 just outside the city for access all the way to the East Coast. Drivers can also take I-25 going north and south to Fort Collins and Colorado Springs.
- Named an All-America City in 2008, Aurora is composed of a variety of neighborhoods that range from urban to suburban to former military installations.
Schools in Aurora, CO
- As the third-largest city in Colorado, Aurora is served by dozens of public schools in several school districts. Students also have access to numerous private and charter schools in Aurora and in Denver.
- Universities in Aurora include Columbia College, UC-Denver, Colorado Community College, Colorado Technical University and Anthem College.
Attractions in Aurora, CO
- There are more than 100 parks comprising over 6,000 acres of open space in Aurora, CO. The city also offers six golf courses for lovers of the outdoors and open sky.
- The Aurora Fox Theatre and Arts Center is a historic landmark showcasing professional performers from around the world.
Town of Aurora Visit Aurora