Homes for Sale in Clayton, NC
Clayton is a satellite town of Raleigh
, the state capital and one of the fastest growing locations for families and businesses in the country. If you're looking for a location with plenty of jobs, good schools and a great atmosphere to raise a child, you might consider new homes in Clayton, NC.
Clayton, NC Neighborhoods
- The formerly small town of Clayton has experienced explosive growth due to the popularity of the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill "Research Triangle" region in the early 2000s. It enjoys population outflow from nearby Garner, which itself has grown by leaps and bounds. Raleigh is only 17 miles away, and Garner is just over 10 miles from Clayton.
- Clayton is located along US-70, which runs through Garner to Raleigh. US-70 connects with I-40, which goes north through Durham, Chapel Hill and into Central North Carolina's Piedmont Triad region, known for its robust local economy.
- Suburban development is burgeoning with many new homes in Clayton, though the historic downtown area retains a lot of small town American spirit.
Schools in Clayton, NC
- As a "big small town," Clayton students have the choice of attending one of several elementary schools, middle schools and high schools. Raleigh also has a good selection of private and charter schools.
- Higher education opportunities in Clayton and surrounding Johnston County can be found at one of three Johnston Community College campuses. Many post-secondary students apply at schools in Raleigh such as North Carolina State, Shaw University or Meredith College.
Attractions in Clayton, NC
- The Clayton Community Center is a downtown location for Clayton residents to work out, hold continuing education classes and socialize.
- Local parks and green spaces contain sports facilities, playgrounds, bike trails and fields for community events such as fireworks, festivals and live music.