Homes for Sale in Dallas, NC
Dallas is a suburb of both Gastonia
, and its residents often work or go to school in one or the other. If you're looking for a good place to start a family that has a safe, quiet suburban atmosphere while still being close to recreational and cultural urban activities, new homes in Dallas may be a good bet for you.
Dallas, NC Neighborhoods
- Dallas is just 5 miles north of Gastonia and 20 miles west of Charlotte. Other nearby neighborhoods include Stanley and Lincolnton.
- Drivers from Dallas have easy access to US-321 down to Gaston, which connects with I-85 to Charlotte. Drivers can continue along I-85 to get to Greensboro and the rest of the economically booming Piedmont Triad region.
- As a small town, Dallas combines rural homes with suburban subdivisions and a small, historic downtown for shopping, gathering and socializing.
Schools in Dallas, NC
- Families in Dallas, NC will send their kids to one of two elementary schools. They will then go to W.C. Friday Middle School and North Gaston High School.
- Gaston College is a community college located in Dallas. Post-secondary education options in nearby Charlotte include UNC-Charlotte, Queens University, Johnson & Wales University and Davidson College.
Attractions in Dallas, NC
- Lake Norman is located just 20 miles northeast of Dallas and is popular for boating and fishing enthusiasts.
- Local parks include the Gaston Park and the Rankin Lake Park and are ideal for dog-walking, picnics and playing with the kids.
- Dallas is the location of the annual Shelby Hamfest, one of the largest gatherings for amateur radio operators in the country.