Homes for Sale in Richmond, TX
As a small city nestled in the thriving Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land metropolitan area, Richmond welcomes prospective home buyers to a comfortable and vibrant community. Searching for new homes in Richmond, TX will bring you one step closer to finding a house and gaining all the freedom and security that come with home ownership.
The Richmond, TX Neighborhood
- Richmond is the county seat and the historic center of Fort Bend County; however, it is actually one of the smaller communities in the area. It borders Sugar Land to the east and Rosenberg to the south.
- Route 90 runs right through Richmond, and Interstate 69 is just a short drive away. Both roads connect Richmond with downtown Houston, which is 33 miles away.
- The closest major airfield, George Bush Intercontinental Airport, is an hour's drive from Richmond, TX new homes.
History of Richmond, TX
- Colonists from Austin set up Fort Bend as early as 1822. Years later, the town of Richmond was one of the original communities in the Republic of Texas, taking its name from Richmond, England.
- For most of its history, Richmond has been home to non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Attractions in Richmond, TX
- Locals who are interested in history can visit the John M. And Lottie D. Moore House, a home that dates back to 1883.
Schools in Richmond, TX
- Most children and teens living in new construction homes in Richmond, TX are part of the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District, which is rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency.