Homes for Sale in San Marcos, TX
A fast-growing community right in the heart of Texas, San Marcos has plenty of opportunities for incoming home buyers to settle down. Searching for new homes in San Marcos, TX will take you one step closer to gaining the freedom and safety that come with having your own house.
The San Marcos, TX Neighborhood
- San Marcos is a city located in the Austin-Round Rock metropolitan area. Austin itself is about 32 miles north of the city.
- Interstate 35 runs right through the city, providing residents of new construction homes in San Marcos, TX easy access to both Austin and San Antonio.
- The city is most notable as the home of Texas State University.
- In 2010, San Marcos appeared in Business Week's list of "Best Places to Raise Your Kids."
History of San Marcos, TX
- Archaeological evidence suggests that the San Marcos area was inhabited in 10,000 BC, making it perhaps among the oldest continually inhabited place in North America.
- The modern community of San Marcos was founded in the 1840s. Half a century later, Texas State University opened its doors.
- San Marcos has grown tremendously in the last two decades and continues to expand today.
Attractions in San Marcos, TX
- The city's most popular recreational area is the upper portion of the San Marcos River, which flows right through the Texas State campus.
Schools in San Marcos, TX
- The San Marcos Consolidated Independent School District, rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency, serves the city's families.
City of San Marcos Texas State University